Monday, September 29, 2008

Hunting Season Begins


Yes... It's that time of year for all those men to get out in the woods and enjoy that which God has created. Yes it is deer season! Bow season opened this weekend and it was not even daylight when the action started around me. It was dusk when I could see movement in front of me about 40-yards. Within about 15-minutes I thought I had identified it as a buck when suddenley, three does came up behind my stand and were within 5-yards of the stand. While the buck started his way up the side of the hill to me he stopped about 20-yards away broadside. It was time, the shot was taken and and the buck ran about 40-yards and fell. All of this by 7:30. It is not the buck of a lifetime but it was still exciting. He was a 7-pointer. I will be back in the woods looking for that buck of a lifetime. This will be year #3 in that quest. I hope to have him in this blog in the near future.

No comments: